Thursday, May 3, 2007

Re-Americanizing Myself

I slept in until noon today. But I'd been up for umpteen zillion hours before that, so I think I'm allowed. I also let my daughter skip school today. Don't tell.

So tonight, for the first time in 2 weeks I got behind the steering wheel, drove a car - on the right side of the road - dropped my daughter off at Girl Scouts, went to Taco Bell, and then shopped at Kroger. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I've also taught Delaynie how to say "Oh buggar! I about got skittled when I was down at the B-N-Zed!"

Things seemed to have gone along quite nicely without me. I came home to discover my husband installed FOUR new light fixtures for me - which I'd bought 2 months ago and we didn't ever seem to have the time to install. My cleaning lady took excellent care of the house, and it doesn't appear that Delaynie is flunking school. All is good. At least until I tackle the mountain of work awaiting me tomorrow.

I was met last night with a "Welcome Home" sign that Laynie had made and had her friends all sign, and a single white rose. I came home to discover (as if the light fixtures weren't enough!) a huge vase with more roses surrounded by caramel hershey's kisses. I'm one lucky lady!

I was hoping to get a few pictures up tonight, but something between my camera and my computer is corrupting pictures, so I'm afraid to try to do anything with my NZ photos. Although fortunately, all but the last dozen or so have already been loaded onto my brother's laptop, so at least there is a backup copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pleased you're now home safe and sound and back the family.

Sounds like you had an amazing time - I'm pleased you enjoyed the "homeland".

Look forward to seeing the photos so I can make myself homesick and plan a trip over myself.

Carey

Anonymous said...

How cool!

Oh...how did the Diet Mt. Dew survive the trip? :P