Saturday, April 14, 2007

I'm packed!

Ok, mostly packed. I have absolutely no idea if I have enough clothes. Shoes are my problem spot. But I must have sandals for the beach, right? Right. Taking those, wearing my tennis shoes, no more room for shoes in my luggage. Sandals with the casual dresses, no matter what Mother Nature does to me! I'm going to be boot-less for 2 weeks.

I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but Quantas has given me a 44lb weight limit of checked luggage. Which is the same limit that I have on Air NZ to trapse around the country. I'm taking a large duffle bag on wheels (from Country in the Rockies) to check in, and a tote bag and the biggest purse I could get away with as carry ons. I'm planning on wearing a sweatshirt AND a jacket on the plane - of course, if I get to the airport and I'm over the weight limit, I may wind up adding a few more layers. I'm going to look completely ridiculous running around LAX, but I need warm clothes - it's fall there! How on earth to people go there in the winter?

Still have to pick up my thyroid medicine at the pharmacy and then all I have left to pack is my makeup. I thought the folks at church tomorrow would prefer it if I waited another day to pack that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Have too much fun!!

I always have to pack my 'bathroom' separately because it weighs too much!!
I have travel size stuff for my makeup and moisturizers but the hair spray and mousse etc. LOL

It's a good thing you're not leaving from the North East!!
Bon Voyage

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're packed!!! Has anyone ever told you that you're far too organized? :P

BTW...how're Laynie's projects coming along? ;)

J. said...

Her Dreamcatcher (due Monday) is all done - has been for days. Did I send you a picture of how it turned out? She did great!

Her play was today, so that's off the list... but her scrapbook... due the Friday I come back... still in progress. It's probably... 60% done.

We're getting there.

J. said...

Oh, weather reports from NZ say it's very cold on the South Island. My mom at the moment is sweating in Sydney.

So I'm swapping out a pair of capri's for another pair of jeans, and adding another sweatshirt.

Anonymous said...

Saw the dreamcatcher--looks fantastic! How was the play? Good luck with the scrapbook..I still haven't started my ONE page. :D

TWO more days!!!