Monday, April 30, 2007

Time's Almost Up!

I can't believe how fast this trip has gone - but at the same time I can't believe all the things I've done in the past 2 weeks!

I've gotten to see a ton of things in Auckland - The City of Sails - thanks to my awesome kiwi tour guide, Debbie. She has proven that Garth Nutts ROCK the world over.

We got into Auckland Sunday afternoon, after a teary goodbye with my rellies at the airport. Didn't do anything but find dinner and unpack. We have an apartment here, which is very spacious, although the combination washer / dryer is completely beyond our comprehension.

Debbie picked mom and I up yesterday morrning and chauffered us all over the city. We saw beaches, mountains, cattle and sheep. She took us to a couple of high points in the city where we had amazing views - both in daylight and at night. She even took us to the grocery store so we didn't starve! Totally went above and beyond, and we had a ton of fun (well at least I did) playing the "do you have this, do you have that?" game and comparing what we called things and how things were in the states. She was really a trooper.

OH! And TOTAL bonus - I got my dress for the ACM's, and paid about $11.25 usd for it. Score!

Today mom and I went to the Zoo, which was fabulous, and I got to feed a giraffe. We shopped and I got the last of my souvenir shopping done. Tomorrow I head home, it's the day I get two Wednesdays. So it better be a good day!

Next time I talk to you it will be from LAX!

P.S. Filled up that 2gb memory card!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see the pictures, including the ACM dress.

Paula

Anonymous said...

Wow...so cool! Hope you took your other memory card, btw! We're very picture demanding. :P

I'm incredibly jealous about the dress, btw.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome trip and I cannot wait to see pictures, lots and lots of pictures. Also, want to see the dress.

Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

Awwww YAY your 2 Wednesdays!!! I have a feeling they will be good for you!! Unless the 1st sucks... that doesn't bode well for the 2nd.

You must hurry back... I am going nuts without getting to talk to you. Things are way less exciting and less organized with you frolicking in NZ.

Have a safe trip back

~Kim (The intern for all others)

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Pictures!!!

That is so incredible!! 2 Wednesdays!!

Thanks for taking us along!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that did seem to go by fast...looking forward to seeing those pics too.